Leengate Valves Ltd shares your concern about the protection of your personal information and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This is our policy regarding the privacy of information we collect on the Site. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
The Information We Gather
Our sole purpose in gathering information about users is to provide the Services efficiently and effectively. We gather two types of information about users:
1. Tracking Information
Tracking information is information that is collected about every visitor to the Site, and is automatically gathered using “cookies”. A “cookie” is a computer (text) file that is sent to a visitor’s Web browser, by a Web server, in order to remember certain information. Per-session cookies are used on the Site to store information within a session. Per-session cookies are cached (stored in memory) and are only available while you are on the Site. They do not permanently record data and are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. If per-session cookies were not used, moving around the web site would be a much slower process. Persistent cookies are used on the Site to store information that allows us to conduct online surveys and record whether you have expressed a preference not to take part in such surveys, in which case you will not be asked again. Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive for a length of time set by the Site administrator. You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies. Your Web browser may provide instructions on how to do this.
2. Personal Information
Personal information is information that relates to an identifiable individual. Examples of personal information include your name, e-mail address, employment history, and other contact details. We limit the collection of personal information to what we need to know for the purpose of delivering the Services.
In certain circumstances, such as submitting your C.V./resume, you may be providing information classed as “sensitive personal data” under local privacy legislation e.g. The Data Protection Act 1998, in the UK. By providing this information you will be consenting to the data being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided and for monitoring purposes. Such data will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
Use of the information
1. Tracking Information
We use tracking information in aggregate form in order to improve your online experience by building high-quality, useful online Services. We do this by conducting online surveys, performing statistical analyses of users’ activities, and by measuring demographics and interest regarding specific areas of the Site.
We may engage other organisations to analyse our Site traffic on our behalf. Whenever we contract with outside organisations we hold them accountable to protect personal information by adopting reasonable security measures, and restrict their use to the provision of the services Leengate Valves Ltd has requested.
2. Personal Information
We may use the personal information (excluding “sensitive personal data” unless otherwise indicated) you provide in a number of ways, including:
- Registration details – Your contact details and other data that you supply as part of the registration process are stored by us to enable you to access the Services on the Site and to provide you with the information you have requested.
- Recruitment – As part of the recruitment process on the Site, when you complete your profile, including your C.V./resume, personal information (including “sensitive personal data”) will be made available for searching, viewing or downloading from the Site by authorised Leengate Valves’ staff or their agents for the purpose of recruitment and selection.
- Job Shopper (Jobs by E-mail) – If you register to receive notification of jobs via email you will be asked to complete a form which asks for e-mail address, job categories, keywords and data regarding where you heard about Leengate Valves. We do not attribute this information to any e-mail address other then for use of supplying relevant job information to you via e-mail. We monitor where you heard about us to assist with our recruitment campaigns.
- Information on Leengate Valves’ Products and Services – Your contact details will be used to provide you with the communications and the information you have requested. We may wish to use your contact details to provide you with meaningful information in future. You will be given choices about receiving such communications from us and your preferences will be respected. You may at any time opt out of receiving such communications by providing us with notice.
- To collect, analyse, report and respond to users’ feedback.
- To customise various aspects of the Site to your preferences.
- To pre-complete online forms on the Site. For example, if you have provided an address once, the site computers may automatically fill in that information on an online form on future occasions. This is simply a convenience – no information is released to anyone unless you authorise its release, such as by clicking a “Submit” button.
- As may be necessary to support the operation of the Site, which may include, account maintenance, record keeping and research purposes.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuse of the Site.
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to provide the relevant Service, monitor the Service over a reasonable time period or as may be reasonable given the circumstances in which the information is provided.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Information
We will not sell, trade or lease the personal information you entrust to us.
Leengate Valves’ operates a Personal Data Policy, which sets out consistent standards for protecting the personal data in our care.
In connection with the uses described above we may disclose your personal information to data processors, agents, sub-contractors and other organisations that provide services to Leengate Valves. For example, emailing information, carrying out research or analysing feedback on our behalf. Whenever we contract with outside organisations we hold them accountable to protect personal information by adopting reasonable security measures, and restrict their use to the provision of the services Leengate Valves has requested.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information to any third parties, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to respond to an emergency. We reserve the right to transfer any such information to a third party in the event that we sell or otherwise transfer substantially all of the business of Leengate Valves.
Changing Personal Information
We recognise that some of the information that we collect from your during registration will change from time to time. You can change information you have previously provided to us at any time by (i) accessing the registration and subscription pages; or (ii) providing us with written notice of any changes via the “feedback” facility. Any changes you submit will be made electronically and will be effective immediately upon submission.
Inactivating Personal Information
In respect of any recruitment activities conducted via the Site, by selecting the Inactive Profile Option you will inactivate your user profile. This means you will no longer be able to login to the career centre and your status will automatically be changed to “Candidate Withdrew” on all open jobs you have submitted your profile for. Your profile will remain in the database for archive and reporting purposes for a period of 4 years but will be removed from the active candidates list. After a period of 4 years your data will be deleted from the database.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the data that is provided to us and resides on our servers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal data that Leengate Valves holds and processes on you. You are entitled to stop the data processing if it causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress and to request that inaccurate / incorrect information be rectified.
For further information regarding these rights please contact Leengate Valves Ltd.